Apple and Pear Dessert: Apple and pear can be combined to make a unique Paleo dessert dish. There are many desert/ice creams available in the market which contains artificial sweetness, preservatives and additives. But if you consider health grounds, these are anyway going to have some negative effects.
Apple is rich in vitamins, minerals. A proverb goes “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Pear is also a sweet and nutritious food having antioxidant properties. One day I was thinking of creating a unique dish with honey and fruits. Believe me it was a truly mouth watering deal which retained the goodness of the fresh fruits. A touch of dry fruits made it a crunchy deal. In fact it contained the goodness of all natural ingredients and a melt in mouth natural taste. Honey creates a natural buffer in the body and protects from cold and cough; it’s also a natural sweetener.
Never did I experience such a simple preparation made with fruits and honey. Since it’s refrigerated and served it is a melt in mouth experience. Enjoy this mouth watering sweet deal.
Difficulty level: Easy
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Apples ( 3 medium sized red apples, peeled and chopped into pieces),
- Pear ( 2 medium size, peeled, chopped into pieces),
- Honey (1 cup),
- Water ( ½ cup),
- Chopped nuts (1/3 cup filled macadamia, cashew and walnut).
- Mix the honey and water in a stock pan and boil for 20 minutes till it becomes a translucent liquid.
- Add the chopped fruits (pear and apples) to it and mix nicely.
- Garnish with the chopped nuts, ladle in individual bowls and allow refrigeration for 1 hour.
I am sure that the fruit and nut dessert will rejuvenate your senses and you will like to have repeated servings of the same. Enjoy this awesome dessert. Feel the goodness of honey and other natural ingredients.
Nutrition note: Per serving will contain Energy: 617.2 Cals., Total fat: 29.7 gms., Cholesterol: 0.0.mgms., Sodium: 6.9 mgms., Potassium: 480.2 mgms., Total carbohydrates: 93.3 gms., Dietary fiber: 8.2 gms., Sugar: 75.8 gms., Protein: 6.6 gms.