A salad doesn’t always have to be leafy and light— that’s hardly the best way to start a hectic day. For breakfast, you want something filling, wholesome and easy to make; and while a colorful vegetable or fruit salad is a great in-between snack, it won’t give you your essential proteins or keep you very full till lunchtime unless it includes some form of meat or seafood, which takes time to cook properly.
Enter the Bacon and Egg Salad, your favorite classic breakfast with a twist!
Made to nourish, eggs are one of the most complete foods you’ll come across, with all of your essential amino acids, a range of vitamins and helpful micronutrients. Combined with bite-sized bits of bacon and the salty tang of Baconnaise, you have yourself a bowl of richly textured and tantalizing goodness to start your morning well.
Bacon and Egg Salad
Total Time to Make: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup Baconaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices of bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped (optional)
- Take the eggs out of the refrigerator and allow them to reach room temperature.
- Fill a large pot with 8 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes.
- Remove the eggs and place the eggs in a bowl of ice water.
- Remove the shell from the eggs and mash them with a potato-masher.
- Mix with the eggs the baconaise, salt, pepper, chopped bacon, and chopped chives.
Don’t let the 12 eggs— and their yolks– scare you off; this is a mix that you can prepare and savor over a few days. To maximize on the paleo nourishment, try to get hold of free-range eggs laid by pasture-raised poultry. Apart from being far more organic than eggs from factory-raised hens, they have a greater proportion of good Omega-3 fats and less of cholesterol. As for getting hold of some paleo bacon, you can make it in your oven with this easy recipe.
You don’t even have to wake up to early to cook or heat this up without running late. You can keep the eggs boiled and the bacon chopped the night before; or simply mix the whole thing up, stick it in the fridge and sleep peacefully, knowing that a refreshing, hearty breakfast awaits you in a few hours.