Tomatoes is an good source of protein and vitamins. Baked tomatoes is prepared with fresh plum tomatoes. If you’re thinking of preparing some yummy side dishes with minimum effort. All you need to do is toss the tomatoes in olive oil and place it on the grill. A superb dish that is prepared with great ease and comfort.
Basil leaves are used for garnishing and it adds a zing to the simple dish. Red plum tomato sauté in fresh basil will definitely set your mind at ease after a hectic day. Baked tomatoes is a very simple recipe that can be enjoyed as a snack or side dish.
If you’re planning a picnic, then you can arrange all the ingredients before hand, simply grill it, remove, cool down and foil pack it. I guarantee you will love the refreshing taste and it will be quite a demanding dish in such get together. You can even make a sandwich with your favorite paleo safe bread. It’s an ideal lunch box item; for fussy kids this is a nice change of pace.
Baked Tomatoes Recipe
Total Time to Make: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serves: 2-3 persons
- Plum tomatoes ( ½ lb. weight),
- Olive oil ( 2 tablespoons),
- Garlic paste ( 1 teaspoon),
- Lime juice ( extracted out of 1 large sized one),
- Salt ( 1 teaspoon),
- Black pepper ( 3/4th teaspoon),
- Basil leaves (freshly chopped ½ cup).
- Procure ½ pounds of plum tomatoes, wash properly and slit in between so that they become 2 even pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add garlic paste and salt to it. Add the plum tomatoes, squeeze lime juice and toss them.
- Shift the tomatoes to a baking tray; place them at 425 degree F for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped basil leaves.
Sprinkle black pepper powder before and then serve. Enjoy this tomato basil dish. It’s quite easy to prepare and palatable dish. Tomatoes could not be so exciting, tantalizing like this ever before.
What Makes Baked Tomatoes “Paleo?”
- Everything, there is not one non-paleo ingredient baked tomatoes.
- Traditional baked tomatoes might be stuffed with ground meats (which is Paleo-friendly), just avoid filler ingredients like traditional bread crumbs since bread made from grains is not paleo.