Beef cooked with red wine and veggies will be a great deal. Beef is the most favorite red meat the world prefers. Having red meat and other high fiber meat is truly good for people who suffer from stomach disorder.
Vegetable like carrot, turnip are rich in vitamins and other minerals. Beef cooked with vegetable like turnip and carrot in red wine is not very common. But it will truly make an awesome scrumptious meal which can be cherished with bread or other boiled vegetable.
This dish should be cooked in a simmering mode in slow cooker so as to save energy. A 4 quart cooker is best suited to cook red meat of ½ pound. If you are expecting guests then perhaps this recipe will be the best option for the meat lovers. When it’s a lazy Sunday and you have a lot to do on the list, simply place the ingredients inside the cooker and relax.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 6 hours
- Beef chunks ( ½ lb. in weight),
- Garlic paste ( 1 ½ teaspoons),
- Black pepper powder ( 1 teaspoon),
- Turnip ( 2 medium sized chopped into pieces),
- Baby carrots ( 4 medium sized peeled and chopped into pieces),
- Red wine ( 1 ½ cups),
- Coconut oil ( 2 tablespoons),
- Celery leaf ( 1/3rd cup chopped),
- Onion powder ( 6 teaspoons dissolved in water),
- Salt ( 1 teaspoon),
- Black pepper (1 teaspoon).
- Keep the beef marinated in salt and black pepper for 10 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a stock pan. Add garlic paste to it. Add the marinated beef chunks and toss for some time. Add the onion powder to it. The onion powder should be mixed with 1/3rd cup water, batter with a spoon to form an even mixture.
- Shift the content to a 4 quart slow cooker. Add the vegetable – turnip, baby carrots with red wine and cook for 6 hours at high mode. In case you want to cook at low mode then it will take 8 hours to cook properly.
- Remove and garnish with chopped celery leaves.
Enjoy this wonderful beef dish with safe starches like sweet potatoes or rice. This is perhaps one of the best beef dishes I have ever tried. The awesome reddish color will definitely set you mind boggling.