Beef Lettuce Wrap is a delicious light but nutritious lunch made with left over cold sliced beef. If you want it to be a hot sandwich, just microwave or lightly fry your cold beef. You could also use fresh roast beef slices from your deli but be sure you know how much fat is on the beef before you buy it. You should be able to make two wraps from these ingredients, as two wraps is one serving.
Beef Lettuce Wrap
Total Time to Prepare: 10 minutes with precooked beef (suggest precooked beef – cold)
- 1 pound lean beef cut or torn into strips. If you are using deli roast beef you can just tear it into strips as it should be very thin slices.
- Two handfuls of fresh almonds.
- 10 slices of cucumber.
- 10 slices of thin radishes.
- ½ cup of chopped green onions.
- 1 teaspoon of Olive Oil.
- Ground pepper (to taste).
- 2 – 4 large leaves of Romaine lettuce.
- Mix the beef, almonds, green onions and Olive Oil in a medium sized bowel. (If necessary or desired heat/cook the beef prior to this step.)
- Pepper to taste.
- Lay out the Romaine lettuce leaves as flat as possible without breaking.
- Place a layer of cucumbers on each of the two leaves.
- Place a layer of radishes on top of the cucumbers on each of the two leaves.
- Spoon liberal amounts of the beef mixture onto each of the two leaves.
- Roll each one of the leaves into a wrap around the mixture. Fold over the bottom edges of the leaves.
Now you can enjoy this delicious mixture of lean meat and fresh vegetables. This lettuce wrap is light, crisp and delicious. This is a perfect summer on the go lunch that you eat in your hand.