Chicken and asparagus soup: Asparagus is a low calorie vegetable rich in folate, minerals and vitamins. It’s been known for medicinal purpose, diuretic properties and more. The tender shoots are the edible parts of the plant. Asian cuisines like to stir fry and eat it, in other countries like the United States and Europe, they like to have with white meat and red meat. Asparagus taste truly ‘wow’ when roasted over charcoal.
Chicken is sodium rich, soft and delicious. Chicken is called white meat and an easily digestible food item. This combination of asparagus in chicken soup will be a palatable dish that can be cherished before meals as an appetizer. Asparagus has got good effects on people suffering from high blood pressure and edema which means the excess accumulation of water in the body tissues.
Let’s try a soup with the ingredients and I am sure they will complement each other to form a delicious taste.
Chicken and Asparagus Soup
Total Time to Make: 50 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Boneless chicken ( ½ lb. in weight cubed into medium pieces)
- Asparagus ( 1 bundle chopped into pieces)
- Ginger garlic paste ( 1 teaspoon)
- Coconut oil ( 2 tablespoons)
- Tomato paste ( ½ cup)
- Salt ( 1 teaspoon)
- Butternut ( ½ cup chopped)
- Black pepper ( ½ teaspoon)
- Chicken stock ( 1 ½ cups)
- Chopped basil (1/4th cup)
- Heat coconut oil in a stock pan. Add ginger garlic paste, black pepper powder, chicken pieces, butternut and salt and tomato paste.
- Cook for 10 minutes till the chicken gets a little soft and combines with other ingredients. Add chicken stock to it and boil with butternut for 35 minutes in a pressure cooker, till it melts. Now you may cool down and put the mixture in a blender or a hind mixer so that it becomes an even mixture.
- Boil the asparagus for 10 minutes and drain the water. Heat coconut oil and fry the asparagus a bit.
- Now in a sauce pan cook the mixture with asparagus. Cook for 5 minutes and the soup is ready.
- Cool down and ladle into soup bowls. Garnish with chopped basil leaves.
Enjoy this hot and delicious chicken and asparagus stew. In fact vegetable stock may also be used in place of chicken stock and will taste equally delicious. During winter seasons this may be a very much desired dish to keep you warm form inside.
Nutrition note: Per serving (100 gms.) will contain Energy: 133 Cals., Total fat: 1.8 gms., Cholesterol:26.9 mgms., Sodium: 1.626.1 mgms., Potassium: 1,111.0 mgms., Total carbohydrates: 19.7 gms., Dietary fiber: 5.7 gms., Sugar: 5.9 gms., Protein: 13.3 gms.