If I’m having friends and family over for food, games, and fun then I love serving Paleo bite-size appetizers like Italian sausage or these Paleo chorizo meatballs. They’re easy to make, serve, and of course… eat. Cut them in half and stick a toothpick in them and voila!
Note: If you’re making this as part of the Paleo Diet Plan then keep in mind that this yields 3 servings, that’s 3 meals or 1.5 days on the plan.
Total Time to Make: 35 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Servings: 3 servings of 4 meatballs each
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the pork, and all of the spices.
- Form 12 meatballs
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Don’t worry about the fat content of this dish, it’s actually really healthy. I usually save the grease from bacon to other dishes and even use it as the fat to make Paleo tortillas. This recipe makes 3 servings but I can honestly eat the entire 12 in one sitting if I’m not careful, so make sure you just eat 4 and share the rest.
What Makes Chorizo Meatballs Paleo?
- Protein and healthy fats: it’s a protein and fat dish so it’s healthy when eaten in the right portions.
- Garlic is a healthy, it strengthens our immune system preventing us from getting sick.
- There are no preservatives since you cooked it.
- Cooking is enjoyable, so doing anything you enjoy is good for the mind and helps you get into Flow.