Green Salad with Chicken is a common dish that I like to make for lunch. Why? It is tasty, easy to make, and supplies me with plenty of energy to make it through the day.
Note: If you’re preparing this meal as part of the Paleo diet plan, then remember that this chicken green salad recipe makes 3 servings.
Green Salad with Chicken
Total Time to Make: 40 minutes + 60 minutes marinade
Prep Time: 25 minutes (Plus 60 minutes to marinade the chicken)
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Chicken breast (350 grams, about 12 ounces or 3/4 pound) cut into 1/2″ pieces.
Note: If you’re preparing this dish as part of the Paleo Diet Plan then make sure your chicken breasts are skinless, otherwise you may eat the skin.
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 avocado cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon crushed macadamia nuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons cup flat-leaf parsley
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cup of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the cilantro, mint, flat-leaf parsley, and garlic.
- Mix all the herbs and garlic into a mixing bowl.
- Add the oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use about half of the dressing to marinade the chicken, set the other ½ aside. Marinade the chicken for at least 1 hour.
- Put 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine veggies in a large salad bowl. Mix with the remaining dressing from step 5. Add chicken.