Grilled salmon with salsa screams summer. Salmon marinated in fresh salsa and grilled in a foil packet is summertime perfection. The ideal side dish would be some grilled veggies (like zucchini or asparagus) dipped in guacamole and some sliced mango. Try not to smile and feel like you’re living the beach life with this combination on your plate.
Total Time to Make: 30 minutes active + 1 hour marinating
Grilled Salmon with Salsa
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1/2 c. salsa (recipe follows)
- Aluminum foil
1. Preheat grill to 400-450 degrees F.
2. Place each salmon fillet on a piece of aluminum foil. Top with salsa and wrap the foil around the fish, securely sealing the foil packet.
3. Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
4. Place the foil packets on the grill and cook for 8 minutes. Check for doneness (salmon will flake when it’s fully cooked).
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 large white onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 c. cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop first five ingredients either by hand or in a food processor, depending on the texture you desire.
2. Mix chopped vegetables with lime juice, and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Let sit for at least half an hour before eating to allow the flavors to blend.
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash the vegetables thoroughly.
- Slice the zucchini into 1-inch-thick pieces and cut the bottom ends off of the asparagus.
- Toss the vegetables in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes or until browned, turning frequently.
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 c. salsa
1. Combine avocado and salsa in food processor or mashed with a fork.