These paleo almond butter cookies are made with a quick and easy-to-follow recipe. And don’t worry if you don’t have any more of those fancy-shmancy flours left in your kitchen cabinets, because the special thing about this particular cookie recipe is that it’s totally, completely and absolutely 100% flourless. Whip up a warm, delicious batch for your weekend, or as a sweet accompaniment to enjoy with your evening (or morning) cup of tea.
Paleo Almond Butter Cookies
Total Time to Make: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 15 cookies
- 1 cup all-natural almond butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1-2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup Coconut palm sugar or 1/3 cup raw honey (add more if you want sweeter cookies)
- Finely shredded coconut
- Chopped nuts
- Chopped Cacao Nibs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Mix well to incorporate everything together. If you chose to add any of the optional ingredients like shredded coconut, cacao nibs or chopped nuts, also mix them into the batter now.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon, scoop out 1 tablespoon mounds of the batter and place them onto the cookie sheet. Place the cookies 1 inch apart from each other.
- Using a fork, flatten the cookies. You can make a criss-cross pattern on the cookies using the fork (or you can get artsy and make any kind of pattern you like!)
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Halfway through baking, switch the position of the cookie sheet around to ensure even baking. The cookies are done when they are golden brown around the edges.
- Remove cookies from the oven. Cool and enjoy!
These delicious cookies are thoroughly enjoyable if the recipe is kept nice and simple. If you feel like changing it up a bit, you can always experiment with different paleo-friendly variations. Add in cacao nibs, chopped nuts, or shredded coconut for extra flavor. If you like, you can also substitute the almond butter with a different nut butter. And if you have an insatiable sweet tooth, remember that a little extra drizzle of raw honey never hurt anyone! Simply make, bake and enjoy!