This is a simple and quick recipe for light, fluffy and absolutely delicious apple muffins. The best part is that they’re healthy, to top it all off. These muffins are paleo-friendly, gluten-free, dairy-free, and sweetened only by the raw honey that is added in. The longest part of this recipe is waiting for them to cook through once you’ve popped them in the oven. More than likely, you probably already have all of the necessary ingredients on hand, making it a great go-to recipe for a quick post-dinner dessert or sweet snack to pack in the kids’ lunch. Adding in some cinnamon and nutmeg will make these apple muffins absolutely angelic. You can also add in or top off these babies with slivered almonds, chocolate chips, chia seeds or crumbled hazelnuts (or your favorite nut) to add an extra dimension of flavor and texture.
Paleo Apple Muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
- 1 apple
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 whisked eggs
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Slivered Almonds, Crumbled hazelnuts, Chocolate chips or Chia seeds to sprinkle on top
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Core and dice your apple.
- Whisk your 3 eggs.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: almond flour/meal, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon (if using).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients: eggs, honey and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients and the apple bits into the large bowl with the dry mixture. Make sure to mix everything very well so that all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Prepare your muffin tray. Place liners into each tin.
- Evenly pour the batter in, filling each tin about halfway.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, checking to make sure they are fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy.
Enjoy these delicious paleo apple muffins with a cup of almond or coconut milk or alongside a warm cup of freshly brewed tea. This dessert recipe is healthy and quick, meaning this is one recipe that you can keep on hand and make as often as you need. Great for picnics, lunch bags, desserts and snacks, this muffin recipe is versatile and handy. You can keep the recipe as simple or as flavorful as you want, based on how many ingredients you choose to add-in. Remember that cinnamon and nutmeg are warming spices that always pair well with apples. Adding chocolate chips gives a little extra sweetness, while adding in almonds and nuts gives a lovely crunchy texture for you to bite into. Either way, you are sure to savor these airy and fluffy muffins. Easy, simple and quick, these paleo apple muffins are a delicious and healthy treat that will leave you feeling blessed and abundant.