Bacon is a protein that you want ready for any meal of the day— and the little bites in between. Chock-full of natural fats and proteins, it’s a great energy source that keeps you powered from the morning onward, which is why it’s a breakfast favorite. As for the luscious, lingering saltiness that complements just about any veg or condiment you pair it with… does it really need further explanation?
True, there are a number of health concerns about bacon being a processed form of meat to begin with; but that’s why you should keep your eyes open for pasture raised bacon. An important consideration about the paleo diet is having a good idea of how organic your food sources are; and since bacon is cured and salted early on, it’s vital to ensure that it hasn’t come from grain-fed livestock as well.
Total Time to Make: 25 to 35 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
Servings: 1 pound of bacon
- 1 pound of pastured pork bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Place a baking rack over a baking sheet.
- Place bacon evenly over the baking rack.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, it really depends on the thickness of the bacon.
- Save the fat! If you used pastured pork, then save the fat in a glass jar as a cooking oil.
Now you can sit back and enjoy your paleo bacon as is, or prep it for some more imaginative servings. How about a few paleo pancakes to accompany it? Or a nice, refreshing serving of bacon and egg salad? With its taste intact and excess fat strained off, your paleo bacon is ready to jazz up anything you put together.