Paleo Breakfast Sandwich with Paleo Pancakes is one of the easiest recipes out there. With just two ingredients, they make cooking regular pancakes look like torture. Making a breakfast sandwich using the pancakes as biscuits is a great way to solve a naughty McMuffin craving or just have a filling breakfast that Paleo and non-Paleo eaters alike will enjoy.
Total Time to Make: 10 minutes
- 5 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
For breakfast sandwich
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices of bacon
- Put the bacon in a skillet over low heat. Fry to desired doneness (about 15 minutes for me). While it’s cooking, make the pancakes.
- Preheat griddle on stove over medium-high heat.
- Combine eggs and bananas in food processor until completely pureed.
- Pour about ¼ c. of the batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook for about a minute, then flip and cook for a minute more.
- Set the bacon aside on paper towels to drain. Fry the eggs to desired doneness in the skillet with the bacon grease.
- Assemble breakfast sandwiches by layering an egg and two slices of bacon on a pancake and topping with another pancake. Enjoy!
Alternative flavor combinations for the pancakes
- Pumpkin pie pancakes: Add 1 egg, ½ c. pumpkin puree, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 tsp. nutmeg and 1 tsp. cinnamon to the pancake batter. Prepare as directed.
- Apple pancakes: Substitute ½ c. unsweetened applesauce for the bananas in the recipe. Add 1 tsp. cinnamon and prepare as directed.
- Blueberry pancakes: Stir ½ c. blueberries into the batter. Prepare as directed.
- Honey banana pancakes: Prepare the pancakes as directed. Slice a fresh banana into ½-inch pieces and saute it over medium heat with 2 Tbsp. honey. Serve over the pancakes.
- Banana bread pancakes: Add 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 Tbsp. honey to the batter. Prepare as directed.