When I want to lose a quick 5 to 10 pounds I go zero to low-carb. But I grew up with rice, so it’s a difficult dish to ban it from my kitchen, which is why Paleo Cauliflower Rice is such a great rice substitute (there’s no rice in this recipe). This dish compliments any protein dish perfectly, so I usually substitute a salad, rice, or tubers (potatoes, taro, sweet potatoes, etc) with this recipe.
Note: This recipe makes two servings, so if you’re on the Paleo Diet Plan ++ this recipe will last you for two meals.
Paleo Cauliflower Rice
Total Time to Make: 35 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower.
- Cut the cauliflower into large chunks.
- Shred the cauliflower with a shredder or food processor.
- Melt the coconut oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the shredded cauliflower into the skillet, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the cauliflower becomes translucent. Stirring to make sure the cauliflower cooks evenly.
- Mix the cooked cauliflower with the cilantro in a large mixing bowl.