Paleo chicken salad with roasted vegetables: One of the best ways to bring the best flavors out of vegetables is to roast them in the oven. Coating them with oil and broiling them brings out such a depth of flavor that you just can’t find in raw vegetables! Pairing this with the tangy yet sweet honey mustard vinaigrette is unbeatable.
The vinaigrette is easy to make with a Paleo-friendly store-bought mustard, but homemade mustard is a piece of cake to make. You just grind some mustard seeds in a food processor and slowly stir in either water or white vinegar until it reaches a desirable consistency.
Paleo Chicken Salad
Total Time to Make: 50 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 red peppers
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Honey mustard vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Slice the mushrooms, pepper and zucchini thinly (about 1/4″ thick). Coat in oil, sprinkle with rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and arrange evenly on a baking sheet.
- Broil for 15-20 minutes, continually checking on them and flipping/stirring them. When they start to caramelize and brown, they are done.
- While the vegetables are cooking, start frying the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat up about 2 Tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes per side, until no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove from heat and slice chicken.
- Arrange spring greens on two plates and layer the roasted vegetables and chicken on top.
- Top with 1-2 Tbsp. honey mustard vinaigrette.
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 part mustard
- 2 parts honey
- 3 parts cider vinegar
- 9 parts olive oil
- Mix ingredients well with a whisk.
- Add salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
What makes Paleo Chicken Salad “paleo?”
- You’re using coconut oil instead of vegetable oil to cook the chicken.
- You use honey instead of a processed sweetener (such as white sugar or high fructose corn syrup) for your dressing.
- Paleo chicken salad is a low-carb, high protein, high leafy green vegetable recipe. Great if you’re trying to lose weight or get that beach body.