Paleo chocolate mousse is a delicious recipe which bypasses all the processed ingredients of this traditional dessert favorite. The recipe is so easy to make that it barely takes 10 minutes once you get started.
The sugar and fructose content of bananas is relatively high so I don’t recommend eating chocolate mousse everyday, even if it is Paleo chocolate mousse. In the end, sugar is sugar. But this recipe also contains coco powder and coconut milk (And well, I just love coconut milk), especially with Paleo coffee.
So if you skipped breakfast, had a healthy lunch and dinner, then enjoy yourself with Paleo chocolate mousse.
Paleo Chocolate Mousse
Total time to make: 10 minutes
- 2 frozen bananas (with their skins intact)
- 2 teaspoons organic coco powder (without sugar)
- 200 ml (~3/4 cup) organic coconut milk
- Peel the skin off the bananas. If you stored them in the freezer and they’re frozen solid, it might be a little difficult to peel off the skins. Run them under hot water for about 30 seconds and the skins will come off pretty easily.
- Cut the bananas into chunks and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Carefully mix the ingredients with a blender.
- Add some more coconut milk while blending if the consistency is a little thick for your liking.
If you have kids who love ice-cream (well who doesn’t love ice-cream, right?), you can put the mousse in the freezer and enjoy it as chocolate ice-cream. Or you could use it as a filling and give your Paleo desserts a delicious chocolaty taste!