Many years ago, some evil genius discovered the delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Not long after, a brilliant mastermind took hazelnuts and added cocoa powder and skim milk. My life has never been the same since. Nixing the milk and adding almond butter, coconut oil and natural sweetener, this Paleo fudge will make your taste buds sing and leave you speechless, all at the same time. It’s as simple as blend, smooth and spread. The only thing left to do is eat. So don’t even bother with a plate. You won’t need one. Just cut yourself a slice of chilled heaven and enjoy.
Total Time to Make: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- Line square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Process 1/2 cup hazelnuts in food processor or bullet blender with coconut oil. Blend until fairly smooth.
- Chop remaining hazelnuts. Add to small bowl with hazelnut butter, cocoa powder, and sweetener. Mix well.
- *Spread mixture into parchment lined baking dish and refrigerate for about 2 – 3 hours.
- Slice and serve chilled or room temperature.
Want to change the dynamics and flavor palate of your fridge fudge? Change out the hazelnuts for cashews, macadamia nuts, or even pistachios. Add dried fruit powders, like ground acai, blueberry or apricot. This fudge is a great backdrop for other subtle flavors. Get into it, and let your imagination get going.