Paleo green smoothies are a refreshing way to start your day. A powerful blender and a few fruits and veggies are all you need to start the morning at warp speed. The natural sweetness of banana, grapes and honey give you that quick burst to get you going. The spinach and kale provide vitamins and antioxidants that will bring you lots of energy throughout the afternoon. The natural fats in the kefir or coconut milk help you stay full and satisfied, and provide slow burning fuel to keep you going at a steady pace. And all of this natural energy will actually help you sleep at night. You’re sure to get restful and recuperative slumber, so you can wake up refreshed and sooth your hunger.
Paleo Green Smoothie
Total Time to Make: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 banana
- 1 cup grapes
- 6 oz kefir (or full-fat coconut milk)
- 1 medium apple
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh kale
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (optional)
- Peel, core and chop apple. Peel and slice banana. Place all ingredients into high powered blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down sides of processor bowl or blender jar and add water if necessary.
- Pour smoothie into glasses and serve immediately.
- Or refrigerate 20 minutes in blender, and pulse before serving chilled.
A green smoothie can consist of just about any green fruit or veggie. Try adding watercress, collard and dandelion greens next time. Asian pears and carambola, or starfruit, are excellent additions as well. Try a different one every day and see what combination really fits your fancy.