It’s burger night and a bun-less, lettuce-wrapped burger just doesn’t cut it for you. You’re tired of eating your burgers with a knife and fork and wish to take the matter – literally – into your own hands. What to do? Make paleo hamburger buns, of course! These buns are quick and easy to make, and the recipe is as straight-forward and uncomplicated as can be. Made with a mixture of coconut and almond flours, the buns have a slightly coco-nutty flavor. You can add honey into the batter for a slightly sweeter bun, or you can add garlic if you want to taste less coconut. Topped off with a sprinkle of sesame or poppy seeds, these buns are great for every occasion, from a family dinner to the neighborhood BBQ!
Paleo Hamburger Buns
Total Time to Make: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 tablespoons blanched finely ground almond flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons liquefied (melted) coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Poppy or Sesame seeds
- Optional: ½ teaspoon honey or 2 cloves minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Using a fork, mix the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder and sea salt together in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until the eggs are fluffy. Add in the coconut oil (if using honey, add it in here as well). Mix well.
- Pour the egg-oil mixture into the flour mixture. Using a fork, mix well so that all the ingredients are completely combined together.
- Prepare the baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Lightly grease the parchment paper with coconut oil
- Using large spoonfuls, create 8 equally sized rounds of batter on the parchment paper. You can make the rounds wider for thinner buns, or make them smaller and higher for thicker buns.
- Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes.
These hamburger buns are delicious and ridiculously quick and easy to make. They can just as easily be made beforehand, packed to go or warmed up again the next day. You can also get creative and use them for more than just holding hamburger patties. So go ahead, satisfy your desire and whip up these Paleo hamburger buns the next time you fire up the grill with your friends and family. With their ease and versatility, a big batch will guarantee that there’ll be enough to go around for seconds.
What makes Paleo Hamburger Buns “Paleo?”
- There are no grains in Paleo hamburger buns, the starches are almond and coconut flour.
- If used honey, then you used a Paleo safe sweetener.