Paleo scrambled eggs is a great way to get butyric acid, and getting it from fresh farmed eggs is even better. The butyric acid helps prevent colon cancer, not to mention eggs with pesto is delicious. On mornings where I’m in a rush and if I’m eating breakfast (I usually skip breakfast) I make myself a quick pesto scrambled eggs to start my day right.
Paleo Scrambled Eggs
Total Time to Make: 8 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 minutes
- Melt the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and gently stir the egg white and yoke.
- After about a minute into cooking, add the pesto.
- Mix the egg and pesto.
- Once the eggs are no longer runny, they are ready.
Enjoy this recipe with Paleo bacon to complete the meal. What’s that you say?
“Eggs, pesto, bacon?! I’m going to have a heart attack!”
Nope, it’s hard to accept but eating fat is not bad for you if it’s in moderate amounts. So enjoy guilt free.
What makes Paleo Scrambled Eggs “Paleo?”
- You bought fresh farmed organic eggs (didn’t you?).
- Your Paleo pesto is home made, therefore it doesn’t contain any preservatives or additives.
- You’re cooking with coconut oil (which is good) and not with any vegetable oil like corn (which is bad).