Paleo Taco Lettuce Cups is one of the easiest and delicious Paleo recipes I’ve made. You can get all the ingredients from one supermarket instead of having to travel to 2 to 3 stores just to make 1 dish.
Note: If you’re on the Paleo Diet Plan then you will be eating only 1 serving per meal. Pack and save the rest for lunch or dinner later in the week.
Taco Lettuce Cups
Total Time to Make: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef (organic and grass-fed if possible)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onion (scallions), chopped
- Lettuce leaves cups, washed and dried
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- In a small mixing bowl, add the oregano, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Add the coconut oil into a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the beef and cook until it’s no longer pink.
- Add the red bell pepper and green onion to the skillet, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until the the red bell pepper and green onion are tender.
- Add the spice mixture from step 1 to the skillet and stir well to combine with the beef and veggies.
- Put the beef and veggie mixture onto a plate and set aside.
- Put the flesh of the avocado into a small mixing bowl and mash with a fork (similar to making chunky mashed potatoes). Season with salt and pepper, put the seed of the avocado with the mashed avocado to prevent the avocado from oxidizing (turning brown); you may use some lime juice to also prevent it from oxidizing.
- Scoop 1 to 2 spoonful of the beef and veggie into a lettuce leaf and top with spoonful of the avocado.
- Repeat and enjoy!