Paleo tilapia is the dish I usually eat for dinner during any detox regime on the Paleo Diet Plan. Tilapia is a tasty, flaky, and tender white fish that most people can find at almost any supermarket. One of the most common complaints I hear from people who start new a new lifestyle and eating habits is that cooking is too difficult or time consuming; which is why I purposefully picked this recipe. It’s fast, easy, simple, inexpensive, and most importantly it’s delicious!
Total Time to make: 25 minute
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 100 grams tilapia fillet (the fillet will be about the size of your hand)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 lemon (sliced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the tilapia onto a oven safe baking dish.
- Pour the lemon juice onto the tilapia.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer the lemon slices on top of the tilapia fillet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tilapia is fork tender.
So what makes Paleo Tilapia “Paleo”?
- You’re only using fresh ingredients, it’s not a prepackaged “fish stick.”
- Tilapia, even farmed raised is a lean protein fish. Ideal for weight loss.
- The acid from the lemon juice helps with digestions.