Well folks, it doesn’t get much better than this. Paleo turkey meatloaf is a quick and easy family meal that is nutritious, filling and delicious. With an absolutely simple preparation, you can choose what kind of veggies or herbs go into your turkey meatloaf. Basil and (or) parsley are two herbs that both go great with turkey, creating a savory combination of complementary flavors with the turkey meat. Some common veggies that are often found in meatloaf include bell pepper, onion and celery. You can add them in raw or you can lightly sauté them before adding them into the mixture. As always, you can adjust the recipe as you see fit and add in any of your favorite signature spices, seasonings and ingredients to make the dish truly your own.
Paleo Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos, tamari or liquid aminos
Optional Add-in Ingredients:
- Diced Vegetables: celery, bell pepper, onion (1/2 cup of each)
- Herbs: Chopped fresh basil, dried parsley
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If using any vegetables (like onion, bell pepper or celery) you can choose to lightly sauté them in coconut oil (or the oil of your choice) for a few minutes. You can also add them in raw, or leave them out if you choose to.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients and spices for the turkey meatloaf. Be sure to mix well so that all the ingredients incorporate well together.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 45-60 minutes or until it is cooked all the way through.
- Remove from oven, slice, serve and enjoy!
This paleo turkey meatloaf can be enjoyed for lunch or for dinner. This recipe serves up between 6 and 8 servings, so it is definitely one dish to enjoy shared with some of your favorite people. It is paleo friendly and gluten-free, while being packed in protein and a handful of other necessary nutrients. Serve it alongside a raw salad with homemade paleo dressing, and serve up some fresh fruit dessert afterwards in order to make the meal complete.