Paleo Zucchini Fritters are like omelets but only better and healthier. This is a quick and easy recipe to make if you’re trying to shred some pounds. If you’re eating this as part of the Paleo Diet Plan then please note that this recipe makes 1 serving.
Paleo Zucchini Fritters
Total Time to Make: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, drained
- 3 eggs, beaten (caged free and organic)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sift the coconut flour into the eggs and whisk together.
- Add zucchini, salt, and pepper to the coconut flour and egg mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add coconut oil to the skillet.
- Spoon 1/3 of the mixture into the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until the eggs are no longer running.
- Repeat step 4 until you’re out of mixture.
If you’re feeling like there is something missing (like pancakes) then don’t hesitate to add some organic maple syrup (just a little) to give it that sweet touch. I even use 1 to 2 tablespoon of organic maple syrup with my scrambled eggs and bacon. Don’t be afraid to try new things, you might surprise your and enjoy it.
What makes Paleo Zucchini Fritters “Paleo?”
- You’re cooking with coconut oil and not with the usual vegetable oil. Coconut oil is healthier and has a higher heat index, meaning it won’t burn if you overcook it. Unlike some vegetable oils.
- You’re using coconut flour instead of traditional white flour which is usually made from grains.
- Hopefully you bought healthy chicken eggs, which doesn’t necessarily mean organic and cage-free. I usually get my eggs from a farmer’s market vender in Burbank, California. If you’re from the area, then you know exactly who I’m talking about