Pineapple and Kale Salad is great because the kale is a vegetable very high in vitamin and mineral content. It’s recommended for people who are on weight loss programs like the Paleo Diet Plan, because it’s a low calorie ingredient. Pineapple contains minerals as well as enzymes that break down protein. A combination of both the ingredients will result into a delicious salad that can be cherished before meals.
Last week I was watching a culinary show which stressed on the nutrition values of kale leaf. People who are suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes should definitely give a try. But it’s always appreciated to try an innovative combination of the fresh green vegetable with a fruit. I love pineapple and I will never forget the taste of this awesome salad.
Try this awesome combination this weekend and enjoy the goodness of a Paleo salad.
Total Time to Make: 25 minutes
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: Does not involve cooking
- Kale leaf ( 2 bunches , standard size available in the market),
- Pineapple ( chopped 1 cup),
- Olive oil ( 2 teaspoons),
- Honey ( 1 teaspoon),
- Salt ( ½ teaspoon),
- Lime juice (extracted out of 1 lime).
- Procure kale leaf from the market, wash properly and blanch it.
- Take a medium sized bowl; pour olive oil, honey and salt in it. Batter with the help of a spoon till it becomes an even translucent mixture.
- Now pour this translucent mixture all over the chopped pineapple pieces. The pineapple should be coated with the mixture.
- Add the chopped kale leaves to the mixture, mix all the ingredients properly. Squeeze lime juice on top if it and toss again.
This yummy salad is ready to be enjoyed with lunch. The blend of a juicy fruit like pineapple with fresh green vegetable kale leaf with undoubtedly tantalizes your taste buds. Olive oil is good for skin as it consist vitamins and considered as a must for people whose suffering from excessive ureic acid deposition in their bodies. Many people are fond of growing kale leaf at the backyard of their houses/vegetable gardens which is always a good practice. Kale is truly useful as you can work out various Paleo combinations with this particular green vegetable.
Research says that the less additives/preservatives we add in everyday cooking, the better it is for our health. So, let’s give it a try to use no artificial additives in our cooking, instead enhance the taste with natural ingredients.